Election 2016


Wow!

To say I'm stunned would be an understatement.

Truthfully going into this election I felt neither candidate really deserved my vote. Yet I feel I had an obligation to make a choice, and let my voice be heard. As a veteran it became a matter of who I felt had my back, and the backs of those who continue to sacrifice every day in the defense of this great nation. Men and women who have freely stood up and taken an oath to defend our country against all enemies foreign and domestic. With that in mind I could not in clear conscious stand behind a candidate who publicly likened the death of a United States Ambassador to a bump in the road.

Remember Benghazi?

So yes, I voted for Trump.

I am part of a silent majority, we don't post political or religious stuff on our Facebook walls if we even have one, we tend to ignore the pollsters when they call. We are tired of elected representatives making empty promises as they fight to keep their job. We are fed up with elitist, out of touch, politicians who believe they know best. And we've had our fill of being told that we have to pay just a little bit more to make things work out right when we've already paid more than our fair share.

So the election didn't go the way you had hoped it would. You're angry, upset, mad at the world, or at least those who disagree with you.

Remember choice? We all have the right to make our own choice, right? After all isn't that what freedom is all about? Doesn't choice lie at the heart of our democracy? It was one of the reasons I raised my right hand and took an oath to defend this country to the best of my ability. Because that choice made us the greatest nation in the world.

What will happen with Trump as the president? None of us can say for sure. He may rise to the occasion and become one of the greatest leaders our nation has even known. He may fall flat on his face while his four years in office pass uneventfully. What happens remains to be seen. So stop with the doom and gloom and all that drama. If you feel the need to flee this country and rescind your citizenship, I have only one thing to say to you.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

No comments:

Post a Comment