Fridays 5 with James Mayfield

James is an Amazon best-selling author, fitness enthusiast, nutrition & training expert, blogger, as well as a competitor and National Champion in the member league of the IFBB (International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness)

Having once been an overweight teenager, James is intimately familiar with the struggles of maintaining a normal bodyweight and a healthy fitness level.

Over the years, James has written articles for several health and fitness themed blogs, and has a wealth of practical and scientifically sound information to share.


1.) When did you first get serious about writing?

A.) That's a tough question. I've been writing on-line in various blogs and forums very actively for several years now. Some might not call this actual "serious writing", but I probably clocked in a good 5000 words a day on average for years. I finally got into writing books in early 2015. I figured it was time to write something more coherent and permanent.

2.) What is the hardest part for you about writing?

A.) Getting started. Developing that idea what to write about. Because once I get started, I can just keep on going as long as I need.

Click on cover for more info or to order.

3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?

A.) Happy. Excited. Scared. Nervous. Every emotion times 10.

4.) What is more important to you, story, or character? Why?

A.) I find it so hard to decide between the two. Even an amazing story can fall flat if there are no characters in it to cheer for, or to hate. And at the same time, even a great character can't keep my interest if the overall story is boring and doesn't completely draw me in. I think it's one of those things where you need both, or the book is going to struggle.

5.) What is a typical day like in your world?

A.) Quite boring. I wake up, do my personal hygiene routine. Then make my first cup of coffee and go through my e-mails. After that it's mostly sitting behind the computer, interacting with people through numerous social media platforms. I try to get in an hour of walking a day and 1-2 hours of physical training as well. But the majority of the day is spent behind the computer.




 
Website: http://www.mayfieldfitness.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment