Fridays 5 with T.L. Clark

 So, who am I? I have a full time ‘day job’ in an office, and I’m a wife. I’m also a holistic therapist and Reiki Master. So, being a romance novelist somehow slots in around all this.

I started writing because of Fifty Shades (don’t roll your eyes at me!). Honestly, it was because I was so disappointed when I read it. I really thought it was badly written. My arrogant inner voice spoke up, “Surely even I can write better than this!”, so I tried. There is actually a BDSM romance in my collection, and it’s been noted by others “it makes EL James look like Enid Blyton” (I’ll leave you to decide). I just like looking and writing about different types of love.

In my spare time (*laughs*), I like walks in the forest and sadly all the food that’s bad for me.

My ultimate dream is to have a farmhouse retreat so I can help people who are frazzled out by the rat race, as well as helping horses and other animals. I would like to live as self-sufficiently as possible, and have more time to write. Wow, I sound dull and ‘good goody’! I’m a nice person, but have a wicked temper and an even more devilish sense of humour.

Have I wittered on about me enough? I think so.


1.) When did you first get serious about writing?

A.) I suppose I'll put that as two year's ago, as that's when I first self-published my first book; it's my birthday this week!

2.) What is the hardest part for you about writing?

A.) Publicising my work! The books flowed out of me, and it was a joy. The editing/re-editing/cover design choices etc. were all a bit of a challenge, but it's definitely the 'trying to get my books noticed' which is the hardest.


3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?

A.) Euphoric! I felt a massive sense of achievement. I was naïve though and didn't realise that was just the start of the hard work.

4.) What is more important to you, story, or character? Why?

A.) Can I go with secret option c - the emotion! My characters and story are both nothing without the raw emotions I fill my books with. I have been known to cry whilst writing; and I know what's going to happen! And I know my readers have cried too; sometimes sad, sometimes happy tears. That's love for you!

5.) What is a typical day like in your world?

A.) Early start to get to the day job (I have to pay my bills!). Get home around 17:00, hop onto laptop and catch up with social media, maybe stop to make/eat dinner (dependent on my husband's desire to cook, which he does most of the time).

I then spend the rest of the evening of various social media sites these days.

Sometimes I have holistic therapy clients to help.

Occasionally I get to write some of book 5!

I sound like I'm moaning, but I wouldn't swap it for anything (well, except for my farmhouse retreat dream, which would also allow more writing time).


I have four books out. Each is stand alone and looks at love from a different angle. Please feel free to browse and select whichever speaks to your innermost desire.

My books are available on all good eReaders including:

Kindle: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-Clark/e/B00JCYWQ48/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1430490987&sr=1-1

Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/tl-clark

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/tl-clark/id887862203?mt=11

I love hearing from people so please do pop along and say hi.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/TL-Clark/660228924012688

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TLClarkAuthor

Blog: http://tlclarkauthor.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/well-hello-there-this-is-my-first-blog.html

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7359253.T_L_Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment