Friday's 5 with Naylene Rondon

Naylene Rondon's love for reading encouraged her to practice writing since she was in elementary school. The ability to put her thoughts, ideas, characters and dialogue on paper is a rewarding challenge. Putting life, action, and building characters in story lines is an art form that she takes pride in, and sharing it with the world is a blessing. Everyday Naylene continues to grow and learn about writing and all possibilities it presents.

1.) When did you first get serious about writing?

A.) I was probably thirteen when I decided I wanted to write a novel. I used to have all these ideas that I wanted to share. However, I never was serious enough to actually write anything more than a few chapters. It wasn't until about three years ago, when I started to write a story out of boredom. At first, it was just a story to pass the time. Then, I found myself getting really invested in it. I started writing day and night for over two months until it was complete. Though I've never published it, it was when I realized I could write a full novel.

2.) What is the hardest part for you about writing?

A.)  The hardest part is actually sitting down to write. Once I'm down a few paragraphs, I get into this zone that could last hours. Though, the effort of putting myself down in a chair and starting was another story. Even if I have the story right in front of me, I could go about fifteen minutes with writers block. Every sentence I try to write, I'll end up erasing. It takes a while to get my mind in the right setup again.

3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?

A.)  It was shocking. My family was so excited and I still was in a state of disbelief. I never really thought I would ever be published. Even when I was working on the publishing, it always felt like something so far away.

4.) What is more important to you, story, or character? Why?

A.)  The characters are the most important. The story is about them. Characters are the people that the readers would love and hate. They are the temporary people that you get to meet while you read. Most of the stories I've written usually came from the character. I created the person in my mind and then develop the past that made them into whatever I imagined. Then, I write that past. Stories revolve around people.

5.) What is a typical day like in your world?

A.)  It consists of mostly studying, housework, cooking, procrastination, and writing. Also, helping my little brother with his homework.

Naylene wishes to maintain her anonymity hence the reason no picture or social media links have been provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment