A change in plans

I hate the thought of giving this blog up so I'm going to keep posting, but there will be no schedule to my posts.

I've already got enough deadlines to deal with between my job and my fiction writing without throwing up another deadline for my blog. I believe that's what caused my problems in the first place. I was trying to do too much and when that happens everything suffers, and nothing gets done.

From this point on I will post when time permits. If someone wants to answer Monday's Five questions I'll gladly post their responses on the next available Monday after I receive their responses. 

I will still post book reviews, again as time permits, and when I have the review done. There are several good ones I've read recently that I would like to get done, but again my own writing has to take priority over these tasks.

I have a lot on my plate right now. I'm nearing completion of my next novel
Reprisal: Vengeance knows no boundary, and I want to focus on getting that done. It's one hell of a story I think everyone's going to like and in it I get to introduce a little section of the world, and those who inhabit it, that will appear in future works about the area.

Reprisal takes place in the Appalachian hamlet of Porter Mines. A small community nestled in the rolling hills along the Eastern Continental Divide where legend has it that as the full moon whispers across the night sky the Witch of Porter Mines will rise from the unplumbed depths of Fiddlers Pond to take her due.

I'm also working on the first draft of Brethren, which will be a continuation of the story in Shadows of the Past.

I'm outlining my fourth novel The Gathering where I will revisit the area around Porter Mines and Fiddlers Pond to introduce the hardscrabble little town of Hardmans Crossing that will be thrust into the national spotlight when an image of Jesus appears on the steeple cross of the town's only church.

So I'll keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment