5Qs with Jo Ann Russell


1.) When did you first consider yourself a writer?

A.)  Honestly, I first considered myself a writer when I completed my first novel, “The Nightmare Project.” It was a lengthy project that I am sure many “would-be writers,” would have given up on.

2.) What is the hardest part of writing?

A.)  The hardest part of writing for me is getting started. Social networks are my drug of choice, and make for many a day wasted – to a point. Other than that, knowing when to stop going over a piece is hard for me.

3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?

A.)  I felt terrified. Completing my project meant I had to send it out and open myself for rejection.

4.) In addition to writing, what else are you passionate about?

A.)  I am passionate about reading and horses. I own a beautiful white appaloosa mare named Whisper. It is because of her I put together a charity anthology called Scarlet Whispers, that benefits a local equine rescue called Hilltop Haven. I even board my horse there – at least until I find my new country home.

5.) If you could ask any author, living or dead, one question, what would it be?

A.)  I must say, this is one of the hardest questions I have ever had to answer. To choose only one is tortures. However, it would be Ray Bradbury, and I would ask him; ”What is it like on the other side?”


No comments:

Post a Comment