5Qs with Alice Sabo


1.) When did you first consider yourself a writer?

A.)  I think it was Rita Mae brown that said to celebrate your rejections, it means you're off the porch and running with the big dogs. When I started submitting to magazines and contests, I considered myself officially a writer. Before that I think it was just a hobby. The commitment to finish a story, polish it and research a market for it made me feel like it was for real.

2.) What is the hardest part of writing?

A.)  Writing. Butt in chair. I have lots of ideas and conversations with my characters, but getting it all into the computer is hard work for me.

3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?

A.)  Ecstatic! I think it was an essay for a local free magazine - small beans in the writing world - but it was a thrill. I snatched a ton of copies and mailed them to all my friends.

4.) In addition to writing, what else are you passionate about?

A.)  Organic gardening and eating well. On a warm spring day, I'd rather be playing in the dirt that sitting at the computer writing.

5.) If you could ask any author, living or dead, one question, what would it be?

A.)  That's a tough one. It would probably be the author of the last book I was reading, and my question would be - "And then what happened?"


Bio:
Alice grew up in suburban New Jersey with a brother and three sisters, sidewalks to play hopscotch on and friends to walk to school with. She developed a bad case of wanderlust, which might be blamed on nomadic ancestors or all that speculative fiction she read describing new and exciting worlds. After attending colleges in New Jersey and Massachusetts, she finished her Bachelors in Fine Arts at the University of New Mexico. Since that time, she has worked in a variety of jobs, in a variety of places, Boston, Los Angeles, Aspen, Long Beach Island. Now she lives in Asheville, NC where she writes, paints and gardens.

White Lies is a mystery set in LA:

No comments:

Post a Comment