5Qs with Craig Saunders


1.) When did you first consider yourself a writer?

A.)  I'm still not sure I do! I think it comes down to what I deem a success - I've written 17 (ish) novels, had novels and shorts 'traditionally' published, received royalty cheques, advances, and published on Kindle, too...and I'm still not sure I qualify under my own measure of success. I think if I ever get to the point when I'm making a living writing, then I'll consider myself a writer.

2.) What is the hardest part of writing?

A.)  Getting published! Ha. I don't find writing difficult (usually, though I get blocked from time to time, like most of us!). I aim for 500 words a day, and try to hit that every day, but getting published has proven to be by far the hardest thing. It's a challenge, though, so it never gets tiring, trying...

3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?

A.)  My first published novel was Rain, and I cried like a baby - it had taken me seven years to get my first novel published (or thereabouts)...I still didn't feel like a writer, though.

4.) In addition to writing, what else are you passionate about?

A.)  Not much...I like to read, a little, PC game, a lot, and drink coffee and smoke! I'm the epitome of dull, really!

5.) If you could ask any author, living or dead, one question, what would it be?

A.)  Joe Hill...when's the next book coming out!? haha - I love Joe Hill, since reading Heart Shaped Box.


Bio:
Craig Saunders lives in Norfolk, England, with his wife and three children, who he pretends to listen to while making up stories in his head.

He has published more than two dozen short stories, and is the author of the novels Rain, Spiggot, and The Love of the Dead.

He blogs at www.petrifiedtank.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment