Announcements

The title of today's post reminds me of the time I was involved in Scouting with my grandson. When the Scout Master made an announcement the boys would yell in reply, competing with one another to be the loudest, stamping their feet and screaming the announcement song that went as follows.

Announcements, announcements, announcements!
What a terrible way to die,
A terrible way to die,
A terrible way to be talked to death.
A terrible way to die.

It was always fun to watch those uninitiated parents as they got their first introduction to the song. Up to this point they would be marveling at how well ordered the boys were as they conducted their meeting. You could tell who the old timers were as they usually had their ears covered with their hands before the Scout Master made his announcement.

In my efforts to expand this blog and provide constantly updated content I copied a feature I had seen on quillsandzebras called Five Minute Mondays. Each week a different writer answers the same five questions. I still need to come up with a snappy title but for now I'm calling it Monday's 5Q's.

I contacted a number of writers I know and posted an open invitation on Facebook, Goodreads, and around the web. The response has been good, not overwhelming, but good and I've managed to fill every Monday between now and beyond the middle of August.


June 11: Deborah Coonts
June 18: Sara Brooke
June 25: Heather Bserani
July  02: Rick Hautala
July  09: Lorne Oliver
July  16: Wednesday Lee Friday
July  23: Bryan Hall
July  30: Scott Nicholson
Aug  06: William F Nolan
Aug  13: Alice Sabo
Aug  20: Jo Ann Russell

I recently finished reading Robert Dunbar's MARTYRS & MONSTERS and will post my review once I get it done. But first I have to finish my review of T.W. Brown's DEAD: THE UGLY BEGINNING.

In the weeks and months ahead I plan to add several more features.

The Editors Corner: Here I'll feature a different market for writers that contains a brief interview with the editor in charge as well as the submission guidelines for the featured market.

New Releases: A weekly feature announcing new and upcoming titles in the horror / dark fiction field.

Nuts &  Bolts: The magic behind the words. Each post will ask several different writers how they handle one aspect of writing fiction. This will be open to any writer that wishes to participate.

So that ends my announcements.

Announcements, announcements, announcements!
What a terrible way to die,
A terrible way to die,
A terrible way to be talked to death.
A terrible way to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment