5Q's with Heather Bserani

1.) When did you first consider yourself a writer?
A.)  There isn't a clear cut point where I can say that I went from aspiring to author.  It certainly wasn't the moment I uploaded my file to amazon.  I would have to say it was about a month after publication when people began referring to me as a writer.  After a while it finally sank in that indeed I am a writer.  It is something that I couldn't be more proud of.  Its a forever type of thing too.  I will always write.  It has become a part of who I am.

2.) What is the hardest part of writing?
A.)  For me the hardest part of writing is finding time to actually do it.  Like most of us indies out there, I am balancing a day job, parenting and writing among other things.  There are times where I will go weeks without having time to sit and write down the ideas racing through my head.  I haven't yet found a schedule that allows me consistent time to write, but hopefully at some point it will become more of a regular thing for me.

3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?
A.)  The moment I clicked the upload button for Immortal Storm I was elated.  It had started as something I mentioned casually at a summer gathering, but after three years it had finally come to fruition.  That one file represented three years of my life.  It was something that I had always wanted to do, as do many, but I had actually stuck with it and achieved my goal.  I remember that it took a few days for the smile to fade.  I am still in awe everytime I type my name into the amazon search box and my novel pops up.

4.) In addition to writing, what else are you passionate about?
A.)  Outside of writing I am a pretty busy person - you only live once, so I figure I should do everything I can. I am a mom, so my family is undoubtedly my passion.   I also absolutely adore France and speak fluent French.  I travel whenever I have time and can afford it.  I have two horses and enjoy horseback riding, I do so whenever the weather in NY cooperates with me.  Finally, I have been dancing for about 30 years.  I am never as happy as when I am in the dance studio.  I have studied many forms of dance, but I adore ballet. 

5.) If you could ask any author, living or dead, one question, what would it be?
A.)  My question for an author would be for Antoine de St. Exupery, author of Le Petit Prince.  I would want to know how he was able to craft such a profound tale with such everlasting meaning.  To me his work is the epitome of writing.  It is beyond me how he was able to create such a powerful work in such a limited frame.  The fact that his novella is loved across the world and by so many different age groups continues to amaze and astound me.
 
Bio:
Heather Bserani is the author of the Shield of Night books, a paranormal romance series. She has also penned several short stories. While she currently lives in New York, she has spent considerable time in France. She holds a Bachelor's of Arts in French and Spanish and a Masters Degree in teaching secondary French. An avid reader, Heather can always be found with her nose in a book. She enjoys many genres including classical French literature and historical fiction, but she is happiest when reading about vampires. When she isn't reading or writing, Heather can be found in the ballet studio or astride one of her trusty horses.

Amazon link to Immortal Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment