5Q's with Sara Brooke


1.) When did you first consider yourself a writer?
A.)  Somehow, I always knew I could write and had worked in different fields where writing was a necessity.  But the first time I considered myself an "author" is when Biting Dog Publications agreed to release my horror novel "Still Lake".   That was when I truly felt validated, because someone was willing to take a chance on an unknown author and represent the book.

2.) What is the hardest part of writing?
A.)  For me, the most difficult part is editing the book once it's done. You get to the end and think "Whew. Now I feel satisfied with my story", but in reality the end is just the beginning of a very long editing process.  There are so many things you miss from a grammatical standpoint when you are simply free-form writing that you must go back and review everything.  Were all the plot lines connected?  Did you use proper grammar and punctuation?  Were you too wordy?  These are all things you have to ask yourself and really cannot be answered until the manuscript is complete.

3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?
A.)  Well, my first e-book was only released by Biting Dog within the past several weeks, so I can tell you that the euphoria of truly completing that first novel is amazing.  It feels like you've given birth to something new and exciting and you sincerely hope that others enjoy it as well.

4.) In addition to writing, what else are you passionate about?
A.)  Love reading horror novels and watching scary movies.  Not necessarily for content or ideas, just because I love the feeling of being scared and unsure of what will happen next.  For more calmer moments, I am passionate about the important people in my life.

5.) If you could ask any author, living or dead, one question, what would it be?
A.)  Well, I know lots of authors so I would have to first choose someone who I've never met but truly admire.  Bentley Little, in my opinion, is the most talented horror author alive today and if he were in a room with me, I would ask him the following. "Would you marry me?" That would probably scare him more than any of my books:)

Bio:
Sara Brooke is a horror and suspense novelist living in South Florida. A lifelong avid reader of all things scary, Sara's childhood dream was to write horror books that force readers to sleep with their lights on.
Her first novel, Still Lake, was released Spring 2012.
Sara's influences and favorite authors include Bentley Little, John Saul, William Blackstone, and Joe McKinney.
Learn more about Sara Brooke at www.sarabrooke.com

No comments:

Post a Comment