Fridays 5 with Caleb Ajinomoh

Caleb Ozovehe Ajinomoh was born on 17th November 1990.
He's an enthusiastic Liverpool supporter, big dreamer and print journalist.
His first book "Job Seekers do Stupid Things" was released on the 11th of September, 2015.
His next title "Gentlemen, come and be going" is in the works for a public release early next year.
You'll never find him without five hundred pens, three thousand blank pages and a Liverpool scarf. Oh, suicidal romantic too. xx

Twitter @queerpants

He blogs and stuff at beardlessmadman.wordpress.com

When did you first get serious about writing?

A.) when I knew it was absolutely impossible for me to succeed at pretty much nothing else. The moment I realized I had begun putting my ten thousand hours into this craft a long time ago and there was no point starting afresh on some other career path. Sometime last year (2015)

2.) What is the hardest part for you about writing?

A.)  I have always maintained that getting your message across how you intend it is not quite as easy as advertised. So I tell writers: do your best job of putting your work out there and hope your reader gets it the way you intended.

Click on cover for more info or to order!


Synopsis:
Job seekers do stupid things. All the damn time. It’s almost as if an art form in itself for unemployed people. This book isn’t set out to amplify the job seeker’s everyday gaffe as much as it tries to assure the regular Joe in the job market that it is okay to suck a little, to be clueless about the simplest things to do to hasten your job market success, do a bit of the non—commonsensical while trying to find a job, showing through real life experiences/stories how other people have gone about the business of finding a job successfully and otherwise; find out what kind of job seeker you might be, how best to approach the Nigerian job market and what you should fix to see your job market value hit the ceiling!

3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?

A.)  Einstein-level feels. Like biblical Lot right before he turned into a pillar of salt. Like a fat kid who ate his cake and somehow still managed to have it.

4.) What is more important to you, story, or character? Why?

A.) story because I find creating my characters around a story is quite easier than casting characters before I have a story. Ultimately though, later in my career, I’ll attempt to put the characters first just to see how it turns out.  

5.) What is a typical day like in your world?

A.)  wake up; get at the bible, some meditation, quick run through of my email and twitter, then get to writing. Writing could of course mean reviewing yesterday’s plot, building on where I stopped from last night or just reading other peoples’ works. Reading for me is still writing because I take mental notes a lot. It is almost mechanical.

No comments:

Post a Comment