Fridays 5 with Neven Carr

There has rarely been a time in my life when I haven't read or written. Passions are strong and reading and writing are mine. I began writing my first book at ten-years-old. I never finished it.
Short stories, poems and songs I completed with ease but I never achieved the elusive novel.
I had some fantastic English teachers who continually encouraged me to explore the talent they believed I had. I began many novels, again never completing them. Life got too busy or perhaps that was just an excuse!
Eight years ago, I picked up my laptop and began writing. Since then I haven't stopped. I not only completed my first novel 'Forgotten' but also four more in the 'Araneya Series'. Maybe the timing was right; maybe I needed more life experiences. I don't know but working on my books is now my life.
I am fortunate to live in an author's haven; a quaint fishing village on the east coast of Queensland, Australia. The sounds and smells of the nearby ocean, and of the surrounding natural wildlife, I find soothing and inspiring.
I hope you enjoy my debut novel, 'Forgotten'.

1.) When did you first get serious about writing?

A.) When I decided to take six months leave from work. It was wonderful being able to concentrate on one thing, writing my book. I became quite the hermit for a while, and loved it!

2.) What is the hardest part for you about writing?

A.) Editing for the thousandth time! Very tedious. I think I can now recite my book word by word. A slight exaggeration.


Click on cover for more info or to order!

Synopsis:
Every family holds a secret.
How far would yours go to keep it?

Twenty-eight year old schoolteacher, Claudia Cabriati, has no memory of her life before the age of eight. This is not something she thought unusual, until a strangely familiar woman possessing knowledge of that life, is shot and killed in the grounds of Claudia’s home.

Another brutal murder follows, along with the heartbreaking revelation of an unimaginable family conspiracy. Claudia crumbles into a world driven by fear and the irrational need to run and hide.
Why were people suddenly dying around her? Were any of her family, particularly her much-beloved Papa, involved in their deaths? More importantly, would her life be next?

With her trust challenged by those she loves, Claudia turns to the mysterious and enigmatic Saul Reardon. Together they embark on a dangerous journey in search of answers.

But is the past sometimes better left buried?

Set amongst the natural beauty of Australia’s eastern coastline and its richly forested hinterland, Forgotten is a fast-paced mystery thriller that explores the controversial nature of family love and protection, loyalty and self-preservation.

3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?

A.) It still doesn’t feel real. Naturally, I am very excited but also a little nervous at what people will think of my work. But I have no control over that!

4.) What is more important to you, story, or character? Why?

A.) Both.

However, I do lean slightly towards characters. Whether it’s a quirky trait, the way they react to dilemmas or their relationships with other characters, I believe readers need to identify with them. As soon as they do, they’ll continue wanting to know what happens to them.

5.) What is a typical day like in your world?

A.) I write in the mornings. That’s when I feel the freshest and ready to go. Everything else, housework, walking the dog etc., gets put off until the afternoon. The kitchen can look quite ‘interesting’ some days! I am very fortunate to have a supportive family.

Author Links:

Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Neven-Carr/e/B019JNVN72/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nevencarr/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/nevencarr

Website: https://nevencarr.wordpress.com/

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14756985.Neven_Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment