Fridays 5 with Sandra Jackson

Sandra J. Jackson resides in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two young adult children. Growing up she was always defined as having a “wild imagination” or having her “head in the clouds”. Creativity has always been a part of her life. And while Sandra shared paintings and crafts for others to enjoy, she kept writing to herself and the telling of stories for her children when they were younger. 

As her children grew, Sandra began writing more seriously. She has several novels in various stages of completion and has had numerous articles for her son’s hockey team published in the local newspaper. She looks forward to continuing her journey as a writer. Promised Soul is her first completed work and first published novel.

1.) When did you first get serious about writing?

A.) I started writing in 2005, but I got serious in 2010 when I finally decided to finish a story I'd started.

2.) What is the hardest part for you about writing?

A.) The hardest part for me is the marketing. I used to think it was editing but that is a piece of cake compared to marketing. I should also say waiting for reviews.

Click on cover for more info or to order!

Synopsis:
Just as Krista’s summer plans are finalized, she is suddenly plagued by strange dreams and intense feelings of déjà vu. Feeling as though she’s losing her mind, she visits a psychic medium, only to feel more confused. When Krista arrives in England, her dreams persist, and she finds herself at the doorstep of another psychic; she needs clarity. Finally, the words she was afraid to say out loud, are spoken. Now Krista has to figure out what it all means.

Promised Soul is the story of the past, the present, and the future of two souls that have been bound together by eternal and transcending love.


3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?

A.) I was thrilled. By the time I ordered my first box of books for a signing, I thought I'd gotten used to the feeling. Then when I opened the box and saw my book for the first time I actually clapped my hands and bounced up and down like a little kid. And yes, there were tears.

4.) What is more important to you, story, or character? Why?

A.) That's a tough one because I think they are equally important. You can have great characters but if the story is weak I think they will flounder. If the characters are weak and the story is great, readers may not care about the characters.

5.) What is a typical day like in your world?

A.)  Since I do work outside of the home (full time in the summer) my "writing day" doesn't really start until after supper, although I do check my social media sites, web, and e-mail periodically throughout the day. As much as I wish I could say I write every day, I don't. It's more like every other day and it's not always on a story. I have two blogs that I also work on, one on my website and one on Wordpress. When I am writing a story I am also usually editing another that I have just finished. It's a pretty busy day, but I also try and spend time with family and friends, and of course my fur babies (a dog and a cat). I have to say, I love every moment I spend on my writing.

Author Links:

Website: www.sandrajjackson.com

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/sandrajjackson.author

Twitter handle: @sjjacksonauthor

Amazon: Promised Soul

Wordpress link: http://sandrajjackson.wordpress.com

E-mail: sjjacksonauthor@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment