Throwback Thursday: Panzer Kaserne

In 1979 I returned to the United States from a re forger exercise in West Germany only to be handed orders to go back on permanent duty. Once I arrived in country I was assigned to Panzer Kaserne,  Headquarters company 4th of the 73rd Armored, 1st Infantry Division (The Big Red One). This was at the height of the cold war so our stated mission was to conduct a delaying action against a Soviet advance to give reinforcements time to arrive in country and equip.

Over the intervening years I've lost all of the photos of my time in the military so imagine my surprise to run across this on Youtube. I was there when these photos were taken and there's a good chance I was photographed without my knowledge. Of course my back is to the camera, I never was one for having my picture taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment