Author Solutions and Bay Area Book Festival

I just ran across this at David Gaughran's site Let's Get Digital and wanted to share it with my visitors. If you've read my By the Numbers: Authorhouse vs Createspace post you'll understand how I feel about Author Solutions, the parent company for Authorhouse, as well as a bunch of other vanity publishers whose business model is based on the sole purpose of separating new authors from their hard earned cash in exchange for services anyone can get for a lot less than what they want.

Without further delay let's see what he had to say. 

***
I discovered yesterday that Author Solutions was sponsoring the inaugural Bay Area Book Festival – something at odds with the breathless verbiage on the event’s site:
The event doesn’t take place until June, so I thought it was a good time to try and stage an intervention.


Read the rest at Let's Get Digital

No comments:

Post a Comment