Ain't Technology Wonderful?

My wife recently purchased a Kindle Fire 2nd Generation,  I'm jealous. I own a regular Kindle e-reader with the e-ink technology. Don't get me wrong, I like my Kindle, it sure beats trying to hold open a paperback with one hand while I'm eating a sandwich with the other. Since I only have time to read during my lunch break at work.



With my kindle you gotta use the little button at the bottom to make your selections, while hers has a touch screen. She can browse the web with it, read her email, post on Facebook, you know all those neat little things I'd like to be able to do as well without lugging my desktop around with me. Of course I really should be writing instead of browsing the web anyway but you remember what Jack said?

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. I believe he wrote an entire manuscript on the subject.

Anyway she's not too computer literate so I've been helping her out with it. Gives me a chance to play with her kindle too. I'm no computer genius, not by a long shot, but I know my way around a computer, at least I thought I did.

We had gone through the normal stuff,  getting her email set up and all that. But I noticed every time we went online everything was tiny on the screen. We couldn't read the words without a magnifying glass. We're old anyway, and we both wear glasses, but these words were miniscule.

I'm thinking, there's gotta be a way to make them bigger. So I searched through support on her kindle. Couldn't read anything it was too small. I checked the help files on the kindle itself and only managed to increase the font size on the books she had downloaded so far. I spent three days searching kindle support on my desktop when I had time, hitting a dead end with every query.

Of course you gotta ask the right question to get the right answer.

Finally it dawned on me. How do I zoom in?

And there it was,  the answer I sought.

You pinch it.

If I would have called my thirteen year old grandson that first night, he would have given me the answer without hesitation.



No comments:

Post a Comment