Sorry for the delay.

My apologies for not posting for the last two weeks. Until recently I've been unemployed which has given me plenty of time to write and marker my work. But now I'm back to work in retail as a shift manager so things have been a bit hectic for me for the past couple of weeks. I know, that's no excuse, but it's the best one I've got right now. What time I've had available has been reserved for my writing.
Recently received the following rejection from Fear & Trembling magazine for my short story, Bobo.
The writing is good, the story details the horrific things people do to each other, and the ending is psychologically chilling.Quite honestly, this story repulses me. I cannot say I like it, nor can I say the author didn't do his job.
I'll take a rejection like that over an acceptance any day. It tells me I touched the reader in a place they didn't want me to. That I pulled them into the story and dragged them kicking and screaming to the bitter end. Yeah, I'll take that.
If you 'd like to read the story it's available in kindle format right here. I'd love to know what you think of the story.
Bobo
I'm also working on an old short, MUSIC OF THE GODS, that appeared in Nocturnal Mutterings back in 1995. This one will be available through Smashwords once I've finished updating it. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. I agree: a rejection like that is worth a thousand acceptances (okay, a little hyperbole):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a little hyperbole:-)

    ReplyDelete